Saturday, March 18, 2017

The Lo Down - Taking a Chance by Becky Monson

Hey Guys and Dolls,

I love instagram, it's such an amazing little app and I use it all the time. I have my own account(@allmadeup21) and post regularly everyday. As you all know I love to read, I'd read just about anything to be honest, you can find such an array of different genre of books in my collection. That's another reason why I love Instagram I can find a tonne of new authors to me and Becky Monson. I came across her lovely page (@bmonsonauthor) after she liked one of my posts and we got chatting about her books.
Becky has five books in total including a novella and I was so lucky that she sent me four to review. I love finding new authors that I haven't heard of before as it makes reading their books more exciting I feel. The first book I started reading was the novella called Taking a Chance and I loved it.

This book contains 57 pages so if your looking for a easy read on a chilled out day this is definitely one to go for. Taking a Chance revolves around two characters Liza and Jay Sanders who meet when Liza is having a bit of a breakdown going up the Empire State Building elevator. She has a fear of heights and of course elevators so the two together are not a perfect match. Jay starts talking to her and decides to help her overcome hear fear. I'm not going to tell you anything else as I don't want to give anything away but this is such a good little story. It's so enjoyable, I read it in one sitting as I couldn't put it down, I've actually read two books in the last couple of days, I'm on a role at the moment.

I'd definitely recommend picking up this novella you won't regret it, you can get it in paperback or on your Kindle on Amazon. I've already started another book by Becky, Thirty-Two Going On Spinster and I can't wait to see what it's like. I'll definitely put up a review of it aswell soon.

Laura<3

1 comment:

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3