Friday, February 17, 2017

The Lo Down - My 27th Birthday Makeup

Hey Guys and Dolls,

Last Wednesday I celebrated my birthday and I had such an amazing day. I actually did a blog post on the day which you can check out here. I just chilled out really and spent it with my family. I'm meeting up with my boyfriend over the weekend though for drinks so that should be fun indeed. I need to relax with a nice Gin and Tonic that's for sure.
My makeup day on the day was quite simple yet a little glam as of course it was my birthday after all. I used some of the products I used for my Valentine's day look as they are just so good and staples in my makeup bag at the moment. I don't think I could be without them even though some of them are newbies.
So the makeup products I used are as follows. On the face I used Loreal's True Match foundation and concealer. I only bought this recently in Boots on offer for 2 for €15 and I'm delighted I did. It gives a nice amount of coverage and isn't drying on the skin one little bit. As I said in my Valentine's day I apply this foundation using my Louise Young foundation brush and it gives the nicest finish. I bought this in Harvey Nichol's Dundrum a couple of years ago now so I'm not too sure if you can still get it there. It is on the pricey side of things at €30 but it's a really good brush to have I use it all the time. It gets into all the really hard to reach areas on your face and it makes applying foundation a dream.

Now on to the eyes, I used two products on the eyes and I absolutely love both of them. For eyeshadow I used the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette, this palette is pretty new to my collection. I bought it back in January but I've been using it alot especially the shade Luscious all over the lid. It looks amazing and I hope I don't hit pan on it for ages. I actually did a review on the palette which you can check out here. Out of all the Too Faced palettes it's probably my favourite one. For mascara I used Max Factor Fusion mascara as I said in my Valentine's Day post this is amazing and works wonders on the oul lashes I have to say. It gives a really nice volume and makes my lashes look a million dollars, now that's saying something. I do know when I run out of this stuff I'll definitely be buying a new one that's for sure.

Lastly I straightened my hair. I have a long bob at the moment and it looks ways better when it's straight even though I do wear it curly from time to time. I feel like the bob is much easier to handle than my long messy mane.

So that's my 27th birthday look in a nut shell. It was very simple and didn't take too long to create at all which is great as I had more time to celebrate my birthday. I'm definitely going to do more of these style posts in the future as I enjoy reading them myself.

Laura<3

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to read this article.I think this will useful and informative topic for everyone.This is such a nice post.I have been impressed by the unique content.I loved your post and got some good ideas for it. party makeup

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3