Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July Empties

Sorry for the serious lack of posts during the month of July, I've been unbelievably busy and haven't gotten a spare second.  I'm happy to say I'm back again, I have a couple of ideas for a series that I'm hoping to start in August which I'm sure you guys will love. I'm not going to say too much about it in case it falls through but it's looking promising so far. Seeing as it's the end of July I guess it's time for another Empties post. As you can see from the picture below I don't have too much to show you guys. I don't think I've done an empties post before that hasn't micellar water, I fly through them at a ridiculous rate.
I'm sad to have come to the end of my Ralph Lauren Big Pony Fragrance (#4).  I got this in a set in the January Sales so it has lasted an age considering it has been my signature fragrance for the last couple of months. Many people have commented on this fragrance when I wear it. It is a light floral scent which isn't offensive so I'm guessing a lot of people get drawn to this one. Of course I love the bottle as my favourite colour is indeed purple. I still have the body lotion in this scent left over from the set so I'll certainly be using that up too. I may make a sneaky repurchase of this in Dublin Airport the next time I'm going on holidays which is in the near future.

I've already repurchased Catrice's Camouflage Cream and it was pretty hard to come by as it was out of stock in most Penneys  that I visited. Penneys on Henry Street was a winner and picked one up in there over the weekend. When I first purchased Catrice's Camouflage Cream I wasn't expecting too much from it but  I ended up falling in love with this product. When I'm having a bad skin day this is a full coverage concealer that will hide anything. Considering I purchased this for around €4 I was super impressed with it and believe me when I say this little tub with go an awfully long way. The only issue I think people will have a problem with is the shade selection. I  use the shade Ivory which is the perfect match for me but it is also the lightest shade and I can see it being way too dark for people.

 Of course as I said above it wouldn't be an empties post without a micellar solution. My Cleansing Water empty this month comes from No7. I featured this countless times already in a favourites and an empties post so I won't ramble on too much about it. I've been using No7's Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water for ages now and I always go back to it. In the evenings I apply some to a cotton wool pad and it removes my makeup effortlessly. I find this doesn't irritate my eyes either which is a plus. I do tend to stock up on these when Boots bring out their No7 vouchers so if you want to try it I'd definitely keep and eye out for those. A makeup remover I wasn't too impressed with was Loreal's Gentle Eye Makeup Remover. I had to go through so much product just to remove my eye makeup. If you want a eye makeup remover to take off your eye makeup quickly this definitely isn't it! It's disappointing considering I absolutely loved the micellar solution in this skincare range but in my opinion this is a product to stay clear of.

Lastly I have a mini bottle of OPI's Nail Envy. Even after using this all up I can't give a verdict on it as I did find the bottle to be quite small. My nails aren't in tip top shape at the moment and I think they would need more than a tiny bottle of nail strengthener to be in good condition again. Saying that I have read really good reviews on this product so I may take the plunge and buy a full sized bottle the next time I'm walking by Sally's in town.

Have you tried any of the products above? Would love to hear your thoughts on them?

Laura <3

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried any of the products, I want to try a Micellar water though - is there any one in particular you'd recommend?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3