Tuesday, April 2, 2013

March Empties

It's time for another Empties post, I didn't finish up too many products this months but I like them all alot so I though I'd share them with you guys anyway. I can't believe we're four months into 2013 already, I don't know where the time goes. Saying that March went pretty slow for me. I had some major issues with college that I'm not going to get into but it left me pretty stressed out all the same. Thank god I only have another two weeks left of class. I'm not going to say that the year was enough for me as I do want to go back and do another course in September but I know I'll enjoy the long break over the Summer. March was also a  five week month meaning I only got paid last Friday since the end of February. I've never felt so broke in my entire life, shockingly I've been quite reserved in my spending since payday, I bought new clothes and a few bits from Boots (love their 3 for 2) but that's about it really. I'm trying to save for London and New York so I kinda need to start. Without further ado lets get cracking on with the empties.
I've gone through another bottle of Liz Earle's Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion. I use this stuff in two ways, as a refresher for my tired eyes in the morning and as a makeup remover to get rid of any mascara that stays lurking on my lashes. I get quite a while out of one bottle and for €13 it really doesn't break the bank. I'll certainly be heading to Wilde & Green to pick up a replacement very soon. Next up I have three shower gels to show you. I'm  a big fan of L'occitane's Almond Shower Oil, I got this particular one in a Christmas gift set. I think it's usually €30 to buy this particular size. Not really having the funds myself I doubt I'd fork out this amount of money on it. Don't get me wrong it's a lovely product and leaves my skin smelling amazing but it's a little bit on the pricey side of things for me at the moment. On the other hand a shower gel I'll definitely be repurchasing soon is Soap & Glory's Sugar Crush Body Wash. I'm pretty sure I featured this in a favourites post not too long ago. This stuff smells amazing like juicy sweet limes, I love it! It comes in at about €11 so it's definitely more affordable than the L'Occitane offering. If you like the scrub in this particular scent you'll love the shower gel too. It also comes in a body butter which I haven't actually used much yet, I'll have to search my room for it. My last shower gel is Winter Candy Apple from Bath & Body Works. This is a brand we can't get in Ireland but if we did I know all beauty lovers would be raiding the stores. I've loved every product that I've tried so far from their range and Winter Candy Apple is no exception. It smelled exactly like I though it would. I'm surprised it lasted so long to be honest, Chie sent this over to me in December as a Christmas gift and I really tried to make it last. This particular scent is only available at Christmas time so I'll definitely be stocking up when I go to New York in December. The last product I have to show you guys is a lip product from another American brand called Fresh. This is one of their tinted lip treatments in the shade Sugar Rose. I wouldn't say this beats Nuxes in the race to the best lip balm but I love the hint of colour that it left on my lips. I'll definitely be checking out their range of products when I hit up Sephora too.

Have you tried any of the products above?  What Fresh products should I check out when I'm in the States?

Laura<3



8 comments:

  1. Really want to try the Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body wash, love Soap & Glory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh if you love Soap & Glory you'll love this. It's kinda different to their signature scent but I really like it xxx

      Delete
  2. Ergh I still haven't tried Liz Earle! So disappointed with myself, I need to sort that out!! Thank's for reminding me! I've heard great things about the whole range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you have to try something from them Sarah. It's seriously one of my favourite skincare brands xxx

      Delete
  3. I just got here for the first time, you have a lovely blog:)

    Hope you get something from Lumene :)

    x Flo

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much Flo, I'm glad you like it:) Aww he picked me up two of the primers (mattifying and illuminating) so I'm looking forward to trying them out. I love trying products from brands that are new to me, Thanks for the recommendations xx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3