Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Trip to the Closer2Fabulous Studio

Last weekend I headed over to the amazing Closer2Fabulous studio on Clare Street in Dublin. The lovely owner Debs invited me along and I couldn't wait to go, I was looking forward to it for a while. I intended to visit ages ago but with college and the like I never got around to it. The studio itself is absolutely gorgeous, I love everything from the layout to the decor.
First thing that caught my eye and all my attention was all the fabulous beauty products, it was like makeup/skincare heaven. Some brands I was familiar with and others were new to me. It was a early start on Saturday so I went to the studio with not a trace of makeup on my face to let Debs work her magic. First off I had a skincare consultation made up that was specifically for my skin type, some great products were used that I immediately added to my wishlist. I like how Debs works around people's budgets, I myself think more skincare brands should do this and not just throw products at you with ridiculous price tags. Being a student myself my budget wouldn't be huge butI have my eye on a few bits from Nuxe, a brand I love already. Debs said that my skin was in great condition but that I maybe exfoliated too much. Apparently at my age I should be exfoliating once every 2/3 weeks which I wasn't aware of until now. Our skin naturally performs it for us so if we exfoliate 2/3 a week its leaving our skin bare. See you learn something new every day. I know how important it is to keep my skin in top condition. There's no point in wasting tonnes of money on expensive makeup when you don't have a good base to work with.
That leads me on to my favourite part, MAKEUP. I usually get really nervous when other people do my makeup as I had a bad experience at a certain well known makeup counter a while back. My face looked a mess and I quickly removed all my makeup as soon as I was out of seeing distance from the counter. I felt perfectly safe with Debs though as she knows what she's doing. I learned so many new tips and tricks along the way. This girl is a makeup genius! I loved the finished natural look she came up with, my skin was glowing and looked flawless. We decided on going for a smokey eye which would be perfect for daytime and I got so many compliments on it. The lipstick used on my lips was MAC's Lovelorn with one of the amazing Clarins Lip Perfectors on top, a gorgeous combination if I may say so myself.
Of course, being me I left with two new products added to my beauty wishlist, Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk foundation  and the new Urban Decay Naked Flushed compact. The latter contains a highlighter, bronzer and blush, perfect for travelling which I'll be doing a lot of this year. I'm a big fan of both brands so I'll definitely be adding these to my collection come payday this month. I have a bit of a wait until then, it will give me plenty of time to finish of some of my other foundations.

I enjoyed my time at the Closer2Fabulous studio, it has such a lovely relaxed atmosphere. I'll definitely be popping back again soon for another visit and a chat. For more information on personalised skincare consultations and makeup lessons pop over to Closer2Fabulous website were you will find more details.

Laura<3

20 comments:

  1. Lovely post. Your makeup looked absolutely beautifl! It sounds like a wonderful studio xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thanks Tamsin:) I'm glad you liked the post:) The foundation Debs used was amazing, I'm going to have to pick it up when I get paid, it gave my skin such a lovely glow and made it look flawless. Oh it's such a gorgeous studio, I'd definitely go back soon xx

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had a great day :) Your make up is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny I had such an amazing time:) I was so happy with the finished look xxx

      Delete
  3. u look stunning...love ur makeup

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing! Makeup is lovely! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi~! I wonder what is the brand of the blushes on the right side the one with 6 shades? I somewhat see them before in a tv show. Would you mind telling me what brand is that?


    Thank you very much~!

    www.orenjji.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh all the palettes I pictured eyeshadow and blush are from MAC. I'm going to have to take a trip to their counter very soon xxx

      Delete
  6. you look absolutely amazing! i wish i could go with you! >_< did she put eyelashes on you or is that your natural eyelashes with mascara?!?! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Chie:):) Oh they're my real lashes, Debs used a really nice mascara from Clarins. I may be adding it to my wishlist very soon xx

      Delete
  7. Oh it all looks so amazing, I'd love a makeover, you look stunning!

    A little bit Unique

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hun:) Oh I'd never got one before and I really enjoyed the whole experience. I learned lots of new tips and tricks which is always a positive xx

      Delete
  8. You look gorgeous, amazing pictures! Skin is so glowy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee:):) I need that Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation in my life, it's amazing. I just wish it wasn't so expensive when I'm trying to save for New York lol xx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3