Saturday, January 19, 2013

MUA The Artiste Collection Palette

Lately I've found myself reaching for my MUA palettes even more, in particular the Heaven & Earth and Undressed palettes. Both contain gorgeous everyday neutral shadows which is definitely my eye look of choice on a regular basis. The new Artiste Collection palette* is something different to their previous palettes. Inside not only do you get six marbled eyeshadows, there is also two blushers, a bronzer and a nice little highlighter too.
The MUA Artiste palette is the same size as their previous palettes, just a little bit thicker. When I first seen this online I was intrigued to see what it was like. After your foundation, powder, liner and mascara, you'd get everything in this multi-use palette to achieve an everyday makeup look. The eyeshadow pans are huge so it will be easy to get a brush in there, while the blushes/bronzer/highlighter are smaller so it will be hard to get a standard brush in there. I found the Real Techniques Contour brush the perfect size to get into the bronzer and highlighter, it's picks up the colour really well too. All the shades (bar the shadow on the far left) are really well pigmented which MUA are well known for with their range of palette. My favourite shadows in the palette are Mocha, Chocolate and Cookie as they make up a really nice everyday natural eye look. I don't think I'll ever steer clear of neutral shades as they work really well for me. The blue shadow is the only one I can't see myself using from the palette too much. I may pull it out over the Summer, I think it would be real under my lower lash line to add something different to my makeup look. Everything in the palette (excluding the bronzer) has shimmer in it. I love shimmery eyeshadows so this doesn't bother me at all. After buying the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette at the end of last year, I've been using that alot too. I'd love to see MUA come out with a matte palette, I think it's something alot of their fans (including me!) would be interested in.
For £6 you can't go wrong with this palette. MUA have definitely done it again and brought out a lovely product for such amazing value. The Heaven & Earth and Undressed palettes still remain my favourites from the brand but the Artiste palette has some lovely shadows in it too. I can see myself  getting alot of use out of it. If your not familiar with the brand they also have regular offers running on their website, some of them are really good so there worth watching out for. After they reach a certain number of "likes" on their Facebook page they unveil a new one. There next big milestone is 50,000 likes which is huge and when that's reached they'll be giving 50% off everything on their website plus free shipping. That's definitely not an offer I'd want to miss. If you haven't tried their Heaven & Earth or Undressed palette yet, there wouldn't be a better time to treat yourself to them. If you don't own any neutral palettes yourself, both these palettes would be ideal for you. I use mine pretty much everyday, I've hit pan on a couple of the shadows so I may have to buy replacements the next time I'm in Manchester.

Are you a fan of MUA? What's your favourite product?

Laura<3

10 comments:

  1. I'm actually wearing the highlighter, primrose blusher and two eyeshadows from this palette today - Love it so much. So good for travelling - don't have to pack as much make up!

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the two blushers too, they are extremely wearable. I agree completely, this would be ideal for travelling xx

      Delete
  2. Will order it in 50%off...nice review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preethi. Oh you should definitely keep an eye out for it xx

      Delete
  3. I have heard great things about MUA! They ship to Canada si when they have the 50% off I'll definitely order something! Having all you need in one palette is SO useful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's such an amazing brand. You should definitely try the neutral palettes, Undress and Heaven & Earth if you decide to buy something when there's 50%. They are both lovely palettes and all the shades are so wearable. They are always bringing out new products regularly xx

      Delete
  4. I had forgotten that I own this palette, need to pay more attention to it. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same with alot of palettes too. This one does have great shades in it though xx

      Delete
  5. :) I love MUA their products are such great value!! I have their undressed palette and I love it... I have to try this one though as it looks really good! :)

    Sian
    xxx
    http://lipsticksandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the Undressed palette so much I always find myself reaching for it. I think all there palettes are such great value I'm going to pick up some more the next time I'm in Manchester this year xx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3