Tuesday, December 4, 2012

November Empties

I can't believe it's exactly three weeks and counting til Christmas, can't you tell I'm very excited. The only thing I need to do now is start buying presents for people. I'm not going lie when it comes to this time of year I leave everything til last minute which is never a good idea. I always get things done in the end which is the main thing. I'm currently writing a list names of people I still need to get presents for and it's growing by the minute. I decided to take a quick break from all that and show you guys my November Empties. I've definitely used up alot more products than I did in October. I guess I wanted to make room for all my Christmas presents! I have quite alot of shower products in my empties this month. This seems to be the case every month, either a hoard of shower products or skincare. Funny I may mention the latter as skincare bits will be featured in this post also, surprise surprise!

My first two empties are shower gels, one is from Bath & Body Works while the other is from Philsophy. I like both of these alot, they've both lasted me ages which is a surprise as everyone uses my shower gels in my house Cinnamon and Vanilla are my favourite scents so of course I was going to love Cinnamon Buns from Philosophy. This can be used as a shampoo, bubble bath and shower gel, I've been using mine as the latter of the three. I like how it's a multi purpose product, I doubt I'd ever use it in my hair though. As you probably all know Bath & Body Works isn't available in Ireland (BOO!) which is a shame for us as it's such a gorgeous brand. My lovely Youtuber friend Chie from the States sent me over the Pink Chiffon shower gel with a few other products from the range a while back. The Pink Chiffon scent is gorgeous and I wish I hadn't run out of this as it's going to be impossible to pick up over here. At least I still have a body lotion and triple moisture cream in the same scent to keep me going for another bit. My last shower empty is The Body Shop's Vineyard Peach Body Scrub. In October I bought this and the body butter in the same scent as they were on special. If you love peaches, you'll love this! I always fly through scrubs in general, so I finished this one quite quick too. I probably will buy this or another Body Shop scrub soon, I have my eye on the Vanilla Bliss scrub from their Christmas collection. I just wish they weren't so ridiculously expensive. As you can see I photographed a deoderant in with my shower empties aswell. I just thought it would fit in better here than in with the makeup. This can of Palmolive Soft & Gentle Sensual Aromatherapy last me for ages. The scent is Wild Rose & Vanilla which I'm undecided on. I like Vanilla scented things but I didn't get a whiff of it from this, it definitely smells more like rose in my opinion. That's not saying I wouldn't purchase this again, it just didn't really grow on me this time around.

Next I'm going to show you guys my skincare empties which consists of three cleansers and a moisturiser. I'm by no means finished all of the cleansers during the month of November, I've had these for a while. First up is my favourite cleanser of all times, the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish I've done a full review of this on my blog previously which you can see here. This is my fourth bottle of this amazing cleaner and I'll have to buy a replacement very soon. My skin always feels nice and squeaky clean after I use this as it takes my makeup off really well. A product I didn't like too much and I couldn't wait to be done with is the Boots Botanics Gentle Cleansing Cream. This by no means gentle on the skin. I ran out of my micellar solution during the month and I decided to give this a try and I can't say I was overly impressed with it at all. It claims to be for sensitive skin which I don't suffer with but I do tend to get reactions to products now and again. My face was left fairly red after using this cleanser and it didn't take my makeup off at all. I don't have anything good to say about this, it was definitely a waste of money on my part. I should of just bought another micellar solution as my skin gets on so well with them. The last cleanser I finished up this month is the Elemis Melting Cleansing Gel. I got this as a part of a set before I went to Manchester in July. I didn't start using it right away so that's why I'm only finished it now. This cleanser reminds me of  Bobbi Brown's Balm Rinse as it smells quite similar to it. The product itself is a thick gel which I apply to dry skin. When in contact with water this loosens the product up so it's easier to work into the skin. I really enjoyed using this cleanser and I would buy it again if it wasn't so expensive at around the €30 mark. The last skincare empty I have to show you is a moisturiser which is the La Roche Possay Effaclar Mat. I have oily/combination skincare that can look very shiny indeed. I've been using this moisturiser along with a primer before I put my makeup on and it leaves my skin looking nice and shine free! Effaclar Mat is such a lovely make up base, I'm so glad I got the chance to try it. It's not too expensive either from what I can remember so I imagine this will be making its way into my shopping bag very soon.

Lastly we have some makeup, well some 2 makeup bits and a nail polish remover. I'm going to start with the latter from Bourjois which is their Magic Nail Polish Remover. I really love this stuff alot as it's takes the hassle out of removing my nail polish entirely.The products lifespan was cut short though as I ended up spilling it absolutely everywhere in my room I don't recommend leaving the lid off this at all as it does contain liquid nail polish removers in it. I tipped off it by a complete accident and I ended up making a mess. Now last but definitely not least, my two makeup empties. The Clinique Bottom Lash mascara has served me very well indeed. I don't know what I'd do without it now, it's great how it's small enough to reach my tiniest lashes. I'm not the biggest fan of Clinique skincare at all as I had a really bad reaction to their products as a teen. I stayed away from the brand since then and the Bottom Lash Mascara had been my first purchase from them in literally years. I actually seen a set which includes this mascara as well as other mascara samples from the brand so I may pick this up instead of buying this individually again. My second makeup empty and the last product to be featured in this Empties post is MAC's Nubile Paint Pot. This came out in a Limited Edition collection last year called Posh Paradise along with numerous other paint pots. I picked up three from the collection itself but Nubile was by far my favourite. It's a natural peachy shade so it  was easy to wear everyday. I'm disappointed that it was limited edition as I would of definitely repurchased it again. I'm going to buy Painterly the next time I'm at a MAC counter, it's very similar to Nubile I think so it will be a great replacement. I just hope I don't get side tracked while I'm there and buy some bits from this years Christmas collection. I've seen it walking by at a glance and it looks so pretty.

What products have you used up this month? Do you enjoy Empties posts?

Laura<3

12 comments:

  1. Wow so many empties, I'm really bad at finishing off products haha! The Philosophy product that can be used as shampoo, bubble bath or shower gel sounds intriguing and perfect for the festive season, although I agree, I don't think it would be going anywhere near my hair either! xx

    Almost Delightful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'd be scared to put it in my hair to be honest xx

      Delete
  2. Great collection! I really enjoy Liz Earl's Cleanse and Polish :) I have been interested in trying out more La Roche Posay or Vichy products as they are pretty reasonably priced! Do you recommend any?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. It's such a nice products isn't it? I love Vichy's Micellar solution and La Roche Posay Effaclar Matt is brill. I would have such a long list of products from both brands to recommend to you xx

      Delete
  3. I like the bourjois nail polish remover - will definitely buy it again just wish it was cheaper! I really want to try out philosophy - wish that was cheaper as well hahhah

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's on the pricey side of things isn't it? All the Philsophy shower gels I've tried anyway have been amazing xx

      Delete
  4. Great empties!! I love the Clinique Bottom Lash mascara too!! Although sometimes I forget I have it.

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same I definitely need to repurchase it soon. I feel myself missing it now xx

      Delete
  5. Nice post, I don't think I ever finish anything apart from Shampoo, Conditioner & Shower gel! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way really? I was like that too but lately I've been wanting to get through things to free up space in my room a bit xx

      Delete
  6. ooh they all look lovely! I love that deoderant x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3