Saturday, November 10, 2012

Miners Cosmetics Tin o' Tints

Being quite a lip balm obsessive I love finding new ones to try. None have come close to hitting my much loved Korres lip butters or Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm off their pedestal as of yet. It could only be time before this happens as brands are always coming out with new offerings. When these little gems arrived at my door I fell in love with them.

 Tin o' Tints* from Miners Cosmetics are moisturising lipbalms that I couldn't wait to try out. With a good selection of six wearable shades (Cherry, Vanilla, Pink Grapefruit, Mango, Watermelon, CocoaBean) to choose from there certainly is something for everybody. The packaging is what caught my eye at first, I love the designs on each tin. They show the flavour of the lip balm in writing and also in little cute illustrations. I was drawn towards Mango (my favourite)at first and it smells heavenly. Just like the fruit, I love the scent and its the one out of the five that I reach for the most. Being a tint don't expect too much from these on the lips, they give a small hint of colour which is to be expected. The darker shades like Cherry, Watermelon and Mango are more visible than the clear Vanilla and Cocoa Bean. The latter still smell amazing and for £2.99 you can't really go wrong with these at all. In the above picture I'm wearing my favourite shade Mango on my lips. The lighting wasn't the best when I was taking this particular picture so it is a tad bit lighter on the lips in person. In the lipbalm stakes, they don't beat my favourites from Nuxe and Korres. Don't get me wrong they do leave my lips nice and soft, but I find Nuxe and Korres lip products to be more nourishing which I need during the Winter months. I always have one of the Tin o' Tints in my makeup bag though as there great if you want to add a hint of colour to your lips on the go. I think one of these would make a nice stocking filler coming up to Christmas or if you wanted to add something small to a gift you already bought someone. Miners Cosmetics have quite a range of gorgeous products on their website so it's certainly worth checking it out.

What do you think of the Tint o' Tints? Have you tried them?

Laura<3

6 comments:

  1. These really do sound heavenly! I'm lusting after the watermelon one - my favourite scent. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the Watermelon one smells amazing too. I think for the price there are such great lip balms:) The tins are so pretty too xx

      Delete
  2. these tins are the cutest.. I want one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3