Monday, September 17, 2012

Summer Must Haves/Essentials #6 - Bloggers' Summer Favourites Part 2

This is going to be my final post in my Summer series and the second installment of bloggers' favourites. I've really enjoyed reading through all the products people have mentioned in both parts. I find it really interesting to see what other bloggers are liking, it also makes me want to go shopping just a little. Another three fabulous bloggers have agreed to be featured in this post, I enjoy reading all their blogs and I love when they have new posts up. I think there are so many amazing blogs out there at the moment, I've found so many gems through the bbloggers chat on Twitter. Enough of my rambling, I won't delay you guys too long so I'll get started.

Lauren from LoveLaughLauren
For me, no matter what age you are, summer is about making the most of what you've got. I don't like wearing heavy makeup or layers of products, I just want to make sure I feel my most confident while I have fun. I regularly exfoliate my skin with Soap & Glory's Flake Away body scrub; it smells gorgeous and is a bit oily so it really leaves your skin smooth. I follow that by slathering on one of The Body Shop's famous body butters. This one is the shea butter one, but the raspberry one is also very yummy! Being extremely pale, a bit of fake tan is a must. I haven't tried much from expensive tanning brands (although there's a few products on my wishlist!) but the St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mist works excellently and is only a few pounds. Whatever makeup i'm wearing, I always spritz on a bit of Avene's Eau Thermale which really ensures my makeup blends in with my skin. It can also be used throughout the day to reawaken your face and your makeup. Finally, Korres Lip Butters continue to be my favourite lip balms. This one is in Jasmine; a pretty pinky nude, but for summer I really want to get my hands on Pomegranate and Mango.

Sophie from Candy Cane Heart
Urban Decay All Nighter- This is by far the best setting spray I have ever used and it seems to be lasting me ages. I got this 118ml (odd amount?!) bottle at christmas and would say I still have a 1/3rd left. I loved this during the, very little, hot weather we have had and it just makes my make up last. 

Avene Eau Thermale- This is basically an expensive water spray but oh my! it is so refreshing. Again in the hot weather I loved this for a little refresh and to help calm my skin down. This little bottle has lasted me ages so worth the £3 ish that I paid for it!
Chanel Chance- This has been my go-to fragrance of the summer. It is really light and fresh but still quite sophisticated. I'm not very good at picking out the different notes but all I can say is it smells Devine and it really is worth the price tag as this does not budge! 
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat- This is the day moisturiser I have been using over the summer and I have fallen in love. I tend to get quite oily during the day and have noticed a HUGE difference since using this. It is an anti shine and anti enlarger pores moisturiser and is actually a perfect base as well. I haven't had to use primers, which is a total bonus. Oily skinned girls really need to try this out!
Laura Mercier Loose Powder- My skin has been quite good recently so I have been using this as my foundation and it gives a coverage but it is so light you  can't feel it on your skin. It's not a mask, just helps even out your skin tone. 
Topshop Nail Varnish in Parma Violet- The shade I have been wearing all summer. Seriously i haven't taken this off and that is so unusual for me. Its a dream to work with and dries quickly AND it doesn't break the bank, what more could you ask for?!
Mac Blush in Pink Swoon- Another product I just haven't stopped wearing! I love the colour of this, it gives a rather natural flush to the cheeks and my god it does not budge! Seriously I did a 12 hour shift at work recently, The rest of my makeup had given up but this blush was still there!

Livi from Beaumaquillagex
Sleek Brow Kit, Maybelline Colour Tattoo in ‘Eternal Gold’ , MAC Rubinesque Paintpot, Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, MUA lipstick in ‘Nectar’ , Revlon Lip Butter in ‘Lollipop’, MAC Lipstick in ‘Lovelorn’, Natural Collection Loose Powder, Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer, Natural Collection Blusher in ‘Pink Cloud’, Rimmel Day 2 Night Mascara, MAC prolongwear Concealer, Benefit High Beam & Collection 2000 Fix Me Up.
My favourite finds this summer have been the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua & Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel, I have been loving these. The Chanel foundation gives such a flawless finish and looks like you aren't wearing any foundation, I like to apply this with my Real Techniques angled foundation brush. I love to apply the Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel underneath my foundation, otherwise it looks to orangey on my pale skin, I find that this works really well to give me a natural bronzed look, and it means the finished look isn't too powdery I have been loving all these products to give me a natural, but flawless bronzed look this summer. I have loved every single one of these products and that is why they have made it into my summer favourites!

I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I did putting it together. I may do another series during th Autumn/Winter months, I've had so much fun doing this one so I kind of want to. Thanks so much again to all the bloggers that featured in both parts of this post, I definitely have quite alot of products to add to my wishlist now. if you missed out on part one you can check it out here.

What series would you like to see next?

Laura<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3