Friday, September 14, 2012

Slimming World Update #5

I can't believe this is my fifth Slimming World update, like where does the time go? I'm now into the sixth month of the program and I'm so delighted I started it. My journey began way back in April, my Mom suggested we tagged along to one of the meetings as she heard such amazing things about it. She was perfectly right as five months down the line I've lost 5st which I never would of thought possible back then. I'm not going to lie it was hard work at the start but once I got into the swing of things it's been mostly plain sailing from there on out. I've had such a good time this month picking out new clothes and throwing out old ones. Even though I will miss some of the latter which some people find ridiculous, but I did love my navy hoodie. One of the highlights of this month was some of the girls in work commenting on how well I look, even the smallest compliment means so much to me. I've been getting some great advice off one of the girls in particular who will remain anonymous. I despise the gym with a vengeance and I haven't set foot in one since I started this program back in April, I much prefer to walk everywhere. This lovely girl in work suggested some really quick and easy exercises that you can do at home to tone up, I've been doing them constantly lately. You may be thinking do they work, I don't know yet but I'll touch on it in next months update for sure. This month they didn't seem to have the little awards stickers, so one of the ladies wrote 4&a half and 5 stone on the book for me which I thought was super nice. One thing changed this month at my meeting which I wasn't expecting, my class leader left.  I was very sad at first as I had no clue that was going to happen, she had been nothing but supportive since I started back in April. I'll miss her alot.

This month in total I've lost 13lbs which is crazy, I can hardly believe it myself. There was one set back in my second week when I put on 2.5lbs. I was pretty disappointed but then I remembered how well I've been doing so far and that these small glitches happen. I got back on the horse and at next weeks weigh in I lost a whopping 7.5lbs, everyone was so happy for me and I couldn't of been more pleased myself. It's weird I can see my target weight getting closer and closer which I couldn't of imagined five months ago. I got also some great news this month, I'm heading back to college in October. I've wanted to go back for ages so I'm very excited. I didn't realise how expensive college supplies were until now, maybe I just bought too much stationary. Well enough about that I'm probably going to do a post soon talking about what course I'm doing and college related bits.

Until my next update,

Laura<3

24 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so amazing!!! Congratulations! :) I wish we had slimmers world over here, I keep hearing such good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hun, I couldn't be happier with the results xx

      Delete
  2. Congrats thats amazing!
    glossyboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I bet you look amazing! I've heard noting but amazing things about slimming world! Everyone i know who does it loses so much weight just by making the changes! I've also had food from the magazines they do and its so good! The salmon asparagus lemony pasta i had was the best!!
    Becky
    xx
    http://beckysbeautybox.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky. Yeah I hope so, alot of the old clothes are gone so I'm delighted. It's such a good progam I'm surprised it worked for me in such a small space of time. I know some of their recipes are lovely. I may do a post on them too xxx

      Delete
  4. An incredible achievement!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats amazing! I just started Slimming World this week and I'm really getting into it, I found a handy app for Syns on the go, you should definitely check it out! Keep up the good work! :)

    Emily x


    http://emilyx0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww good luck Emily you'll have to let me know how you get on. Thanks so much for your lovely comment. I wonder can you only get this app on the Iphone, I have like a Samsung Smart Phone but it's terrible xx

      Delete
  6. That's such an amazing success! you should be so proud! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lovie. Words can't describe how happy I am right now xx

      Delete
  7. what an amazing achievement, well done you! a very inspiring post, i look forward to the next one :)

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hun for your lovely comment. I'm glad you liked the post xxx

      Delete
  8. Wow that is incredible! I hope you're ridiculously proud of yourself!! I've heard nothing but praise for slimming world, and you seem to be another great example of how it works! Well done for sticking with it and for doing so amazingly well!!


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice. Oh I'm so delighted words can't describe, sometimes I don't think it's hit me yet. It's such a brilliant program and I couldn't be happier with the results. Thanks again for your lovely comment xxx

      Delete
  9. This is seriously amazing, WELL DONE! 5 stone is a huge amount of weight! thank you so much for posting this; I'm starting weight watchers next week and i'm worried that i'll lose the motivation and not stick to the plan... but this proves that dieting does actually work!! ahhh! youve given me confidence now, thank you! good luck with everything :D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much Heather, your comment has really made my day:) I've tried alot of programs and this has been working wonders for me. I was definitely one of those people that thought dieting didn't work, but I've certainly eaten my words since then. Best of luck with Weight Watchers you'll have to keep me posted on how you get on. xxx

      Delete
  10. Well done, that is amazing news. I wont recognise you the next time I see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hun, we'll have to organise a meetup very soon maybe before Christmas xxx

      Delete
    2. Oh it will be so much fun, was so disappointed when I missed the last one xx

      Delete
  11. Who's the super nice girl in work?? Go on, it's me isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! Incredible! I have only lost about a stone and half since May!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3