Friday, June 29, 2012

Vichy and Nuxe Events

This post is coming a little late, I've been so busy over the last week but finally here it is. Last Thursday I was lucky enough to be invited to two beauty events in town. The weather was dreadful on the day but it didn't take away from the fun us bloggers had. I brought my friend Helen along to the Vichy event. She's not a blogger but I'm hoping she does a guest post or two in the future so keep an eye out for them. We met up with the girls from Make-Up Anonymous in Temple Bar beforehand and we all headed into the event together. Vichy were unveiling their lovely new skincare range, Idealia. I'm a really big fan of this brand already so I couldn't wait to hear a little bit more about their new products. The new range consists of the Idealia Pro serum (€34.50) and Smoothing and Illuminating Cream (€26.00). Both products are said to target dark spots and skin imperfections resulting in healthy looking with a more even skintone and texture. There is a vast amount of research behind the range so I have very high expectations already. Idealia skincare will be available in September, I know it's a bit away but it will worth the wait I'm sure. Towards the end of the event we went out on the balcony where we were all given a balloon and a piece of paper to write are wish for the future. I'm not going to say what mine was in case it doesn't come true. It was such a nice ending to the event, even Helen got a bit emotional.


The Temple Bar Gallery was the perfect venue, Helen and I had never been before and it was really nice. The event was held on the top floor and the room was decorated beautifully. There was a photobooth so of course we couldn't leave without taking pictures could we?



I was really exciting to attend the second event of the day which was for Nuxe's Huile Prodigieuse 20th Anniversary. I've heard such amazing things about this multi purpose dry oil, so I'm looking forward to trying it. The venue for the event was the gorgeous Mezz bar in Samsara. Nuxe chose such an amazing location and it couldn't have been better. The decor was gorgeous with chandelier hanging from the ceiling and gold glitter, WOW is the only word I could use to describe it maybe the photos below will give you a better picture of what the venue was like. I haven't tried much from Nuxe, only their Reve de Miel lip balm which is nothing short of amazing, if you suffer from dry lips like me I'd definitely recommend it. It was nice to see some of the other products that the brand had to offer for Summer, their bronzers definitely caught my eye. The day after the event I broke my Manchester spending ban and bought Nuxe's Reve de Miel Hand and Nail Cream. After trying it at the event I couldn't resist it leaves your hands lovely and soft without being sticky. Keep your eye out for my June Favourite you may see this gem in it.


It was so nice to see all the Irish bloggers at the event that I hadn't seen in ages, there was also some new faces too. It was so nice chatting to everyone, the Irish Beauty community are such a lovely bunch.


Laura<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3