Thursday, May 3, 2012

SOS Save Our Skin Press Launch

Last week I attended the SOS (Save Our Skin) press launch which was hosted by La Roche Posay. The month of May is Melanoma Awareness Month, an annual global initiative that aims to promote the early detection and prevention of skin cancer. The focus this year is to raise awareness amongst men. With the horrible weather we as a country experience per year, it's hard to believe that skin cancer is the most common cancer in Ireland but sadly it's true. Even on the cloudiest of days, it's still important to wear some form of sun protection. I tend to forget to apply suncream on the hottest days, but after attending this event I hope to be more careful.

At the event La Roche Posay unveiled their new Public Awareness Video which I feel will make a big impact. Some can usually come across preachy from the get go, but this is not like that at all. For me this video shows the importance of getting regular skin checks with your GP.



When you join the SOS Save Our Skin Cause here, La Roche Posay will make a donation to the Melanoma Trust. If you haven't done your good deed for the day, this will change that as your helping to raise awareness.

Laura<3

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to this. I am so fair I burn even on a cloudy day so either covering up or wearing suncream is a must to me. It's surprising that skin cancer was the most common form of cancer in Ireland. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the exact same. I think alot of us forget to use sun protection now and again but it's becoming more and more important xxx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3