Friday, March 16, 2012

Vichy Loves Bloggers Event

Yesterday I was invited to the Vichy Loves Blogger event in Styne House. After getting lost a few times, I finally found my way to the event, early as always. The room was done up lovely, showing a selection of Vichy's skincare and their makeup.

 As I was a tad bit early, I got my skin health consultation done, where I was told I had combination (more on the oily side) skin. I was surprised to see my skins hydration level was 89%, with 75% being the normal amount. The VichyConsult Tool was able tell that the Normaderm and Aqualia range would be best suited for me. Isn't it crazy how much technology is coming on that a machine can you tell you this? Vichy has a big range of foundation, there's definitely something suitable for every skin type. The lovely Make Up artist on hand suggested that for oily skin I use the Dermablend and Normateint foundation. Normateint is said to give light, even coverage which is great for daytime, while Dermablend is a high coverage foundation. I was also told that the Dermablend Ultra Corrective Foundation Cream Stick is great for contouring, if you use one a shade or two darker.

After a little chat with some lovely bloggers, we all sat down to see a presentation about Vichy. I found this very interesting as it showed you all their products on a timeline, from when the brand was founded back in 1931 to present. Vichy has grown so much in eighty years. The two products that were much talked about at the event were the newly formulated Dermablend Corrective foundation which now gives 16 hour coverage and the Normaderm Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care.

When the event was over, we were given skincare gift packs that were tailored made to suit our skin types.
I really enjoyed this event, it was so informative and I certainly learned alot more about the brand. I'm going to do a reviews on these products as soon as I've used them for a while. I'm really curious to see what the Dermablend Corrective Foundation is like as I've heard so much about it.

Laura<3

3 comments:

  1. I love the Dermablend foundation, the colour is slightly too dark on me but I'm willing to put up with that for the great formula!
    http://cherriesinthesnowbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried Dermablend foundation before, so I'm looking forward to trying this out. I'll let you know what I think xx

      Delete
  2. This looks really good! I've never tried any of their products before! :)

    whatrebeccasaid.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3