Monday, January 23, 2012

Essence Circus Circus Collection

In late December I bought a cream eyeshadow from Essence's Limited Edition Circus Circus Collection. I was really impressed with the one I purchased 01 It's Magic, a gorgeous shimmery gold shade. I have been using this all over my lid with a dark brown in the crease (beautiful!). I found with this eyeshadow that it's best to wear a primer underneath I've been using my Urban Decay Primer Potion. Recently I went back to have a peek at the other products available in this collection. In the bigger stores alot of the stock was gone, so this must of been very popular. My local pharmacy had a a quite a bit left after browsing for a while, I left with these Circus Circus products.

Circus Circus Highlighter Powder in 01 It's Magic
This is one of the products from the collection I didn't see in bigger stores. How cute is it? No wonder it sold out fast. I love how everything in this collection is circus related, like look at the big top. You may be able to see that the powder in my compact is slightly lopsided. That's because all the highlighting powders in my pharmacy were broken. I was surprised the powder wasn't completely shattered. The lovely sales assistant glued the metal pan back into the compact for me (What good customer service!). I don't have too many highlighter powders in my makeup collection. At €3.49 for this I couldn't really go wrong.

Circus Circus Cream Eyeshadow in 02 Raise The Curtain For... & 03 My Sparkling Acrobat
Having loved It's Magic, I had high hopes for both of these cream eyeshadows. Raise The Curtain For... is a lovely shimmery taupe shade which I like. I haven't been using it much as it's more of a going out shade in my opinion. This cream eyeshadow is up there with my prior Circus Circus cream shadow purchase. I wish I could be as happy about My Sparkling Acrobat but being quite frank I don't like it. It just doesn't seem to sit on my lid as well as the other two cream eyeshadows in this collection. The colour in the pot is also different to that on the skin. Maybe My Sparkling Acrobat will grow on me but at the moment not l'm not loving it.

Essence Circus Circus Eau De Toilette
Before I smelt the tester in store I wasn't expecting anything special from this fragrance. After smelling it though I instantly fell in love. I was so disappointed when I seen there was none left on the stand. When I was at the till, a sales assistant kindly informed me that one was put on hold and the person never came back. She asked me "Did I want it?" Of course I didn't say no.  This fragrance has a light sweet scent that I like alot. Saying that it wouldn't be a fragrance I'd use everyday and the scent may not appeal to most people. I'd recommend going into a shop to have a sniff  before you buy it. The packaging stays with the circus theme and looks so pretty. The bottle is a generous 50ml size and comes with a spritzer which will look so cute on my dresser. Not a perfume I'd carry around in my bag on a regular basis, knowing my luck the bottle would more than likely break on me. Now for the price, this Eau De Toilette cost me €7.49. Yes you have to love Essence!

I can't tell you how much I love this brand. Everything is such a bargain and sometimes I find their products better than some high end brands out there. I'd highly recommend checking out their full range of products. The Circus Circus Collection was Limited Edition and was launched in December. I've still seen some of the products still in stores so catch them while you can.

Have you tried any products from the Circus Circus Collection?

Laura<3

11 comments:

  1. I was lucky enought to get my hands on the Raise the Curtain eyeshadow but there was nothing left on the stand I visited :-( It is fab though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that happened to me too.. I was just lucky the small pharmacy near my house had everything!

      I love Raise the Curtain, try to get your hands on the It's Magic cream eyeshadow, I'd recommend it:D xx

      Delete
  2. Had never come across them before - are Essence cosmetics available in England? All looks very pretty! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Essence is such a good brand I love it and the prices are amazing!!:D I don't think it's available in England yet xx

      Delete
  3. Where can I find Revlon, NARS, Benefit, Laura Mercier, Too faced, Origins in Dublin (centre)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Brown Thomas/Arnotts/Clerys! Revlon is available in Boots !!

      Delete
  4. Both the highlighter and the Raise the Curtain eyeshadow look like stunning colours. I haven't seen these anywhere so either must be sold out or aren't about :( good review :)
    xx
    http://changingtidesofsummer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen I'm glad you liked it!! They are probably my two favorite products from the collection! If you check their website I'm sure it will tell you were they have instore stands xx

      Delete
  5. I love the colours!



    Amen Fashion 17
    http://amenfashion17.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I need a new highlighting powder! Btw I found your blog and I love it. Now a follower! Check mine out too :)

    www.theglossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice I love it!! Aww thanks Nicole I'm glad you like it xx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3